Are you ready to start looking for your dream home, but can’t seem to begin the first step because you don’t know what that “dream” looks like? Visiting open houses in Greensboro is one way to view and compare features and options to help narrow your search. To help clarify your search for your dream home even further, before you visit another open house in Greensboro, make a list of your needs and wants. Understand that this list will likely evolve and change as you discover more about your housing options. What are some features or amenities that are a top priority for you? You may want a swimming pool in your backyard, but it may be an amenity you could live without. Do you like nature? Walking trails? Some of these determinations will help narrow down the location of your new home. Then move to the interior features, like number of bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen size, storage space and the like. Smith Marketing, Inc., will work with you to find the home of your dreams by using your specific requirements to search for homes that fit your criteria and your budget.
Open Houses Are A Source of Information
Getting pre-approved is a great first step for finding out just how much home you can afford. The next step is, of course, finding that house that has all the details and features you desire. Not sure of all the options available to you? Visiting open houses is a great way to start gathering ideas about floor plans, kitchen designs, and other features. Zillow.com has some useful questions to take along with you as you visit open houses in Greensboro:
“Use these questions to help make your very own list of housing requirements:
- Where do you want to live? What city? Neighborhood?
- What price range will you consider?
- Do you want to live within the boundaries of a specific school system?
- Do you want to live near public transit?
- Do you want easy access to highways?
- Is neighborhood walkability important to you?
- Do you want to live in a gated community?
- Do you want to live in an area with community amenities such as a swimming pool or sports courts?
- In what kind of house would you like to live? One-story? Two-story? Townhouse? Condo?
- Is there an architectural style to which you’re drawn? Colonial? Craftsman? Contemporary?
- Is there an architectural style you strongly dislike?
- Do you want a new home (less than 5 years old)?
- Do you want an older home?
- Do you want a historic home (at least 50 years old)?
- Are you willing to do a little renovation? A lot of renovation? No renovation?
- How many bedrooms do you want?
- How many bathrooms do you want?
- What is the minimum square footage you’ll consider?
- What is the maximum square footage you’ll consider?
- Are there physical needs that need to be met (wheelchair access or limited stairs)
- Do you have pets with special requirements?”
Look at specific home qualities and rank them in importance
As you are narrowing in on your desired dream home, it is helpful to make a list of home qualities and rank them according to your style, functionality and design needs. This prioritized list will come in handy as you navigate the process of finding your dream home. To get even more specific about the details you want in your new home, below is a list of questions to answer to help create a more fine-tuned vision on what you are looking for. Identifying your preferences will help you find the perfect property:
Would you like the master bedroom to be on the first floor?
Do you want two sinks in the master bath?
Is it essential to have a fireplace or a 2+ car garage?
Do you prefer hardwood flooring or tile floors?
Would you like to have a gourmet kitchen with an island?
Do you need a formal dining room?
Should the home have a downstairs home office?
Would you like a fenced in yard?
Do you need to have a deck or patio for outdoor dining?
Do you require a lot of closet or storage space?
You don’t have to walk this journey alone. Smith Marketing, Inc., will listen and help clarify your specific needs and guide you to the perfect open houses in Greensboro that have the requirements you are looking for. Our team at Smith Marketing can assist you with useful neighborhood information, a comprehensive analysis of the home and valuable comp data so you can be fully prepared and educated on the home prior to stepping inside for the open house. We use a team approach at Smith Marketing with excellent service to help you find and purchase the home of your dreams as soon as possible. Contact us today to learn more about our real estate services: 336-215-7880.