Is it time to put your home on the market? Whether you’re relocating to a new town or upgrading to a bigger home in the same area, or perhaps downsizing your empty nest, selling your home is a complicated endeavor. You may have heard that you can save money by selling your home yourself without involving a Realtor or real estate agent. But is that really true? Let’s explore the pros of each method and you can decide for yourself. Then you can list it yourself or work with an expert Allen Tate Realtor in Oak Ridge, NC.
Pros of Selling Your Home Yourself:
- You may make more money on the sale. Selling your home yourself means you avoid real estate agent fees. Real estate agents typically charge a 6% fee for the sale of your home.
- You are in control. You can present your home for sale however you wish.
- Your full attention will be on the sale. You can focus all of your time and effort on the sale of your home.
Pros of Selling Your Home with a Realtor or Real Estate Agent:
- You may make more money on the sale. While selling yourself may save you the real estate agent’s fee, you may have a more difficult time finding potential buyers and getting your home sold for the price you would like. It’s difficult to make any money on a sale if your home stays on the market for too long and doesn’t sell for a good price. A real estate agent has access to resources and avenues that will help gain interest in your home. It may even sell for a higher price than you expected. Your agent will also cover the fees for listing your home on real estate websites, which is a cost you would be responsible for if you were selling on your own.
- You are not alone. By selling yourself, you are missing out on the expert advice that an experienced real estate agent can offer. Suggestions for presenting your home in the best possible way and setting a price that is not too low and not too high are things your real estate agent can help with.
- You will not have to keep your full attention on the sale. If you work full time and have other responsibilities, you may find that you don’t have the extra time that is needed to devote to the sale of your home. A real estate agent will have the time because it is their job to sell your home. They only make money if your home sells, and the higher the sale price the more they earn, giving them added motivation.
Selling with an Allen Tate Realtor in Oak Ridge, NC is Your Best Option
What may seem like benefits to selling your home yourself, may actually not be so beneficial. The chance of saving money is minimal and there is certainly a lot more work required on the part of the homeowner. Unless you have real estate experience, there is a lot to gain by working with a Realtor or real estate agent to sell your home. When you’re ready to put your home on the market, call an Allen Tate Realtor in Oak Ridge, NC at (336)215-7880 and benefit from the skills and knowledge of the experienced team of Realtors at Smith Marketing.