Are you thinking about selling or just want to make some improvements to your home? Some upgrades are better than others when it comes to their recoup value. Whether you’re looking or listing luxury homes for sale in Greensboro, consider these home upgrades to be a priority.
Curb Appeal is Key
The first impression your home gives to potential buyers is everything. If you’re looking you know this all too well. Therefore it goes without saying that any upgrade that adds curb appeal is worth it. Some examples include:
- A new garage door. Replacing your old garage door with a new one that not only looks more attractive, but runs better, is well worth the investment. The return is close to 100% when it comes to resale value. Especially if you’re replacing a manual door with an automatic.
- A new front door. The front door makes a huge impression, as it’s the way guests enter your home. Replacing an old door with a new steel door with features like windows and a new door jamb is also worth a little more than 90% of the cost.
- New siding. Replace that old, faded siding with new and you’ll give your whole home a facelift. The payback is worth more than 75% of the cost.
- A new façade. Vinyl siding, even if it’s in good shape, is quickly losing popularity. Spiff up your home’s exterior with stone veneer. It looks very luxurious but is actually quite affordable. With this upgrade you could recoup around 97% of your expense.
Additional Upgrades that Add the Most Value for the Cost
After curb appeal, the next most important features in homes are kitchens and backyards. Consider the following options to get the most bang for your buck.
- Kitchen facelift. The term “facelift” instead of “renovation” is the operative word here. Minor kitchen remodels are worth the expense, but a complete overhaul is not. Think new cabinet fronts, added backsplash, and fresh paint. Maybe upgrade appliances to energy-efficient models. A simple kitchen remodel is worth more than 80% of the initial cost.
- New Deck. Either rebuild the existing deck if the wood is rotting or add one to your home if there isn’t one. A deck improves the backyard immensely. Potential buyers will envision the extra outdoor enjoyment the deck will offer, and you’ll get at least 80% of the value back in the sale of your home.
Luxury Homes for Sale in Greensboro Get Top Offers when Listed with Smith Marketing and Allen Tate Realtors®
If you really want to get the most bang for your buck when it comes to home upgrades, work with Smith Marketing and Allen Tate Realtors® to list your home. Smith Marketing has the expertise to list your home in the best possible way to get potential buyers interested. Allen Tate Realtors® work to show your home to as many potential buyers as possible to get you the best offer on your home. The higher the price your home sells for, the more those upgrades pay off. Call today to get started listing and looking at luxury homes for sale in Greensboro: (336) 215-7880.